Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sandy Allen"s friend wrote me yesterday.

I received this wonderful communication from Rita Rose who was/is a very close friend to Sandy Allen. Thank-You Rita for sharing your thoughts and helping to track down the song "Hello, Sandy Allen". For more fascinating reading about Sandy follow the links provided by Rita, I'll paste her email to me below. Your words shed a light on the great sense of humor Sandy had. What a riot, wish I could have been in that pub when Sandy ducked in threw the door. (Wanna see what was so funny? Follow the links Rita left. Thanks again Rita!!!
_____________________________________________________________

Hi,
I read your blog today and tried to post the following response, but the system wouldn't let me. Maybe you could do it for me?
Thanks!
Rita Rosewww.thegiantessbook.com
Hi,Thanks for writing about Sandy. She was my friend for 31 years and a remarkable woman. If you want to check out my book about Sandy, it's called "World's Tallest Woman: The Giantess of Shelbyville High" (Hawthorne Publishing), which recounts her high school years in novel form. No one has written about those years yet and Sandy was very pleased with the book, which I read to her 2 weeks before she died. We had worked on it together for about a year. It's available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. and from www.hawthornepub.com.A couple of things about your post: "Hello Sandy Allen" is on the Split Enz album "Time and Tide," which is available on CD. Also, since 1976 she only lost her record for one year, in 1982, to Zeng Jinlian of China, who died at age 17 that year. Please check out my book, and my eulogy for Sandy's funeral, at www.thegiantessbook.com.Rita Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment